JOBS & THE ECONOMY
Secure and sustainable employment is essential for strengthening Massachusetts communities. By providing opportunity for workers and business owners alike, we can create an economy that serves the entire community. A quality work environment can decrease crime and violence, as well as boost tax revenue that can be reinvested into to benefit all Massachusetts residents.
- Support raising the minimum wage to $15/hr, which will impact 950,000 workers across Massachusetts
- Reject setting a lower youth minimum wage, (recognizing the financial impact that this has on families)
- Restore funding to the Small Business Technical Assistance Program, which provides grants to community groups to support local businesses in opening, growing or stabilizing their businesses
- Partner with local businesses to implement job training programs that are effective and accessible, especially for single parents
- Work to expand small business lending, funded by opposing big corporate tax breaks for companies like General Electric (GE)